If you got it cheap enough, I'd just ignore the USB port entirely and
use a card reader instead. The only time I ever used the USB port of
a Pentax DSLR was to see if the Pentax Remote Assistant worked with
the K10D. It worked, that was the last time I plugged it in.

Card readers are much better than plugging in the camera, and they're
faster to boot.

Godfrey