No, I try to say that lens resolution matters a lot. I see it as follows:

If I have a good lens with 100 lines/mm, that means 2400 lines on 24mm

If I have a (simplified) sensor with 4800pixels on 24mm I could show
these 2400lines
If vertical lines, I would see only 2400lines if they fall exactly on
the raster : one pixel on, one pixel off.
If the whole picture shifts by half a pixel, EVERY pixel receives 50%
light and you see no lines at all.
If you rotate the vertical lines slight ly, you see yaggies.
My statement is that 100lines /mm lens resolution is worth much more
than 200 pixels /mm
And lens resolution is still better than the pixel density can show
Greetz Jos