The all-too-infrequently-posting Bob Walkden wrote:

> how disappointing. I thought from the subject line that it was
> going to be an auction for something that priests sprinkle on the
> congregation, like holy water...

Curious, but my reaction to that auction was that I really have no
interest--it's not a fantasy for me to own equipment like that, despite my
often intemperate and indisciplined fetishism over cameras. My main interest
is in pictures, and any camera that really ought not be used holds little
appeal to me. I'm sure it's a nice collection, and it costs half the price
of my house anyway, but I was disappointed too....

--Mike

P.S. My favorite recent eBay auction was for a slice of American cheese that
allegedly had the Virgin Mary's image in the whorls left over from the
manufacturing process. It sold for nearly three dollars, plus shipping.