On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 10:58  PM, William Johnson wrote:

> I finally did find one small corner shop that had it.....but, they
> wouldn't take the coupon because they don't buy the film from Kodak and
> can't get reimbursed.

I understand that.  Once we accepted prepaid processing coupons on Kodak
slide film that simply instructed us to collect the coupon, give the
customer the processing, and send the coupon to Kodak.  We accepted a
couple of dozen of them, sent them to Kodak...and then Kodak made us
jump through a bunch of hoops to make sure we were a genuine lab (which
was understandable, but a simple call to one of our suppliers would have
been enough -- they wanted banking information, among other things), and
then told us they only accepted the coupons in batches of 200, and that
they would not be returning the coupons to us.  Oh, and that the coupon
program had been discontinued, so we wouldn't likely see any more, so
the coupons were worthless to us anyways.  Actually, they weren't -- we
would have made a deal with a bigger lab that we dealt with, and traded
them the coupons for processing credit with them (and they would have
had 200 coupons).

But Kodak refused to send them back.  I couldn't really say to the
customer "Hey, now you have to pay for these...but you can't have your
prepaid coupons back to use elsewhere", so I ended up paying the bill
myself.

You see why a dealer would be wary of a Kodak coupon.

-Aaron