----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Brigham"
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 9:52 AM
Subject: RE: Pentax

> What features in particular would you like to lose from the
MZ-S, and
> why?
>
> Presumably what you mean is 'the build of MZ-S but for less
money'?

I spent about an hour looking at an MZ-S, and came away less
than impressed in may respects. What I liked was the obvious
build quality. What I didn't like was the user interface, though
I just don't recall exactly why. It just had too much stuff on
it for me. I know it is controllable, in that needed functions
can be left on, unneeded ones turned off and all, but I recall
there were just too many buttons on it.

What I would like to see is a camera with an MZ-3ish feature set
and control layout, with MZ-S build quality. It could even cost
like the MZ-S. I am not adverse to paying extra for quality.
William Robb