"William Robb" wrote:
>Hi, I am having an ongoing issue with my Epson C80 printer, and
>am hoping that perhaps someone can help me determine the
>problem.
>Please see:
>http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/wrobb/Artifact1.jpg
>The part circled in red is the problem.

        Interesting that the blot is the same size and shape, just replicated.
Since it is the same shape on other prints, I'd look for a roller that is
leaving a smudge on the paper -- have to have a circumference of the same
distance as the dots are apart.  Given it happens on other types of paper,
I'd look for a dirty roller inside the printer that was causing it.  It
looks like the smudges could be just about the correct distance apart to be
the rubber roller that guides the printed surface of the paper through the
printer before it reaches the print heads.  Check for a blot of ink, a blot
of oil/grease, or just a piece of plastic or paper stuck to the rollers --
check both guide rollers before and after the ink is applied to the paper.
        Try this.. run a page through a bunch of times without printing anythign on
it, then print somethign on it.  If the problem is oil/grease/ink smudges,
they will accumulate and you'll see a ton of them on the page after
printing.  If that doesn't change things and you get just as many as before,
then perhaps it is something on a post-ink guide roller that is blotting ink
off the page.

        If it has always done this, then I recommend you don't bother with any of
this and simply exchange it for one that isn't messing up the printing.

hope that helps,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED])