Quite true. If the person who did the processing and printng didn't care,
one shouldn't expect good result. Just like one of my local lab which was
once excellent, but now (newly employed printer) they scratched every film
that I gave them, and white spots on at least 1/3 of all prints. They aren't
cheap either. Even though they were willing to do the reprint without
questions, I was sick of myself to go back and ask for reprints everytime.
They have not improved their QC after my countless complaints. Just too much
hassle.

regards,
Alan Chan