From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jens
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2008 6:21 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: OT: Define Monochrome

Hello list
In my camera club we had a discussion:
What is monochrome? What's the "official" photographic definition?

It seems the original definition is about painting with only one colour.
Black. For instance - on white paper or canvas.

This gives me a problem: Black & White - that's two colours. Or perhaps just
one: White, since black is not a colour. White is.

So, B&W is paintning with to colours: Light and no light/light and darkness
and all shades in between.

So why is "yellow and blue", or "red and green" etc. not acceptable within
the definition of monochrome? Or is it ?

The only way I seem to be able to understand the monochrome definition is
this:

In monohrome photography we paint with light in the darkness. With white on
black. Or with white on any other background. So white on blue, white on
green. white on red etc.
Right?

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.

follow the directions.