Part of todays adventure.  A low budget movie is shooting in my home
town blocking traffic on half of main street.  I was walking along
minding my own business, but actually armed with my trust *ist-Ds and a
collection of appropriate lenses), when I decided I'd take a couple of
pictures to commemorate the event, (and maybe make a couple of bucks
selling the images to one of the local fish wraps), when I this scruffy
individual rushes at  me from the "company" and confronts me to tell me
that I can't take any photos for, and I quote "legal reasons".  When I
asked him what I was doing wrong, he was a a loss except to explain,
except to repeat his original statement.  When I pointed out that the
"set" was on a public road and within full view of the public, with no
expectation of privacy, and that I was allowed to take photographs of
anything I wished under those circumstances, his new tack was to claim
that I couldn't use them for anything.  I then pointed out that under
fair use I could use them for non-commercial purposes which included
selling them and my story to a newspaper, or printing them large and
selling them as art.  Which left him gasping for breath, (sort of like a
large trout), at which point he went back to his original argument.  I
also found it interesting that they had posted a sign that stated in
part the, "... passing beyond this point, indicates your assent to being
in the movie...", which is patently false...  Where do they find these
people, and what idiot is giving them legal advice?  He managed to make
me furious as well.  I'm thinking of going back tomorrow just to piss
them off.

Lousy photographs to follow.

--
You get further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.
        --Al Capone.