Mark Roberts wrote:
> P. J. Alling wrote:
>
>> Well let's see. The M8 costs about $5.5K for a camera with roughly the
>> same image capture specifications of an *ist-D, and the same resolution
>> and sensor size of a Canon 1D Mark III.  which you can get for around
>> $3K.  Based on this I'd put the Leica S2's street price at something
>> like 2-3x the competitions street price, plus the the price of all new
>> lenses, I don't think Hassy has a lot to worry about...
>>

> British Journal of Photography says it will sell for about 20,000.00
>
> That's pounds, not dollars.
Ugh. They actually advertise new Hasselblad kits for just over half of
that price around here.

I can to a certain extent identify with the people who will pay several
times the price of your average SLR for the "craftmanship" of a Leica M,
but an MF camera at twice the price of a Hassleblad makes a lot less sense.

--
- Toralf