Anyone have any other cleaning ideas?

First off, the warnings...

Things not to do.

Do not use Window cleaners, Alcohol, Bleach, Peroxide, Lighter fluid,
degreasers, engine cleaners, mineral spirits or lacquer thinner.

Also do not use force or compressed air as these these can cause
serious damage to the print head.

Looks like Formula 409 is "Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride", which doesn't appear to conflict with your list (from the little I remember from high school chemistry, anyway). No wonder the Epson rep recommended it. :)

I am seriously curious what is in those cleaning solutions you linked to.

You say not to use force, but those syringe methods force cleaning fluid through the nozzles. Is this not the sort of force you mean?

Thanks,
John

--
http://www.neovenator.com