What about depency of eyesight quality?
People with reduced eyesight will always "enjoy" deeper depth of field? :-)
Maybe we just have to accept that there is only one subject to lens distance sharp and we are lucky we can choose that point ourselfs (or leave it to the camera)

Greetz, Jos

Joseph McAllister wrote:
Hey dudes, JC is correct on DoF.   Chill.

Mixing CoC and DoF is a no win argument unless a value of CoC is fixed before you start. You can achieve a deeper DoF from any projected image if you decide after the fact that a sloppier focus (larger CoC) is acceptable in your resultant print or negative, but that is not changing the DoF, only your eyesight.