On Dec 28, 2008, at 09:01 , John Sessoms wrote:

From: Joseph McAllister
Nice review. I surmise he did not actually have the battery grip for his testing ("there is an optional battery
grip.").
No review I've ever read mention much about the grip, other than the occasional mention that it has a second set of controls "for shooting verticals." For me, one of the important features of the BG-2 grip besides having a second battery is that it carries the IR remote and a spare SD card in nicely designed slots. In some cases, like with the 18-250mm lens, this makes carrying anything more than the camera and tripod unnecessary.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

I've been trying to figure out what the &^*# I did with that %...@$&& remote for six months. Every time I opened my camera bag, there was the empty box in the little mesh pocket accusing me.

Jeeez, John. It only took me a month to figure out where it was.

So that would not happen again, and so it would be available for my K100 if I needed it, I put it in a little pocket in my camera bag.

Of course, you know what happened to that!

Now it's replacement is back in the BG-2 grip. I still have to buy another, for the other BG-2 grip. And sell the K100. It ought to be worth about $78.00 nowadays.

:-(

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

http://gallery.me.com/jomac