Paul Stenquist wrote:

My files are simply organized by date shot as the folder name, followed by a few key words. If the folder hasn't been backed up yet, it carries a "b" prefix. Once I back it up, I remove the prefix. I manage the files with Bridge and find it all quite simple. I never have experienced a problem retrieving an old file. If I can't recall the date or haven't saved it elsewhere, a simple search of the appropriate key word turns it up.
Paul

That works for me too (with just a minor difference for naming folders to back up). And when I rename or move an external hard disk or any folder there's nothing going wrong or nothing I have to adapt elsewhere. Perfectly satisfying results with the lesser work. Period.

Dario