Okay, I will ask my grandson to contact you 50 years from now if he does not get his grandfathers files open!
Greetz Jos

Fernando wrote:
Hi Jos,

You have that with Pentax converter, and probably some other from
Adobe. You will probably always have some piece of software available
from Pentax to do this.

My problem with DNG is that my prefered raw converter (Capture One)
doesn't work with it, DNG files are larger, I don't care for Adobe's
converter, and all converters that I like (Capture One and Silkypix)
work with PEF, particularly for me all that outweights the benefits of
storing files in DNG in prevention for the hypothetical case of a
future were you cannot open Pentax raw format.

I take that risk, I guess worst case scenario in twenty years I'll be
running a script to convert all my images while you are using them
directly ;-)

Cheers

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Jos from Holland