On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:01 PM, David Savage <ozsav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But all this talk of keywording & file management ignores LR's other
> major feature. Non-destructive editing. The shot I posted of the
> pretty girl in Dario's "ping" thread the other day. 95% of the editing
> was done in LR & I could have done it all in LR, but decided a curves
> adjustment layer mask would be quicker (given how poorly my computer
> was performing at the time).
>
> DS

Note ACR, Capture One, CaptureNX and PS (using layers) all support
non-destructive editing. It's pretty much a prerequisite for a good
editing solution these days.

I do much of my editing non-destructively, usually in ACR or CaptureNX
(which is a decent general-purpose editor in addition to its RAW
conversion capabilities). Really only dust-spotting ends up being done
destructively.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca