Wrong argument Godfrey, with such low lighting ratios, the contrast of the scene is dominantly determined by the white to black ratio of the subject, this will be a lot higher otherwise it would result in a very dull picture, it can be higher than even the human eye can cover.

Did I understand well, that the ease of manual focussing is not because the view finder is so super bright or clear etc, but more because of the strong focusing aid? I can immagen that that could be a basic advantage of a electronic view finder system over a pure optical system. As the effectiveness of optical systems depend very much on aperture and focal length of the lens
Greetz, Jos

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
BTW, you're worried about 250:1 lighting ratios? When doing color portraiture, you normally work with lighting ratios in the 3:1 average, 6:1 for B&W. I don't see how that kind of extreme lighting ratio is of any real interest at all.

Godfrey