As cheap as memory cards are (taking into account that they are
reusable), you could just copy the cards to the netbook and then mail
the card home.

That would save you the extra step of toting around a DVD burner, and the DVDs.

Plus I'm guessing it might be a bit cheaper to mail an sd card
compared to a DVD.

--
~Nick David Wright
http://www.nickdavidwright.com/