8-11mm isn't a terrible lot of movement.

I wonder how difficult it would be to implement a sensor shift of that
magnitude in say a medium format digital body?

Can you imagine that? It wouldn't give you tilt control (but perhaps
that wouldn't be that hard to put in either?) but just think being
able to apply shift to any lens you put on the body?

As much as I love to shoot old buildings I would think that would be a
huge feature.