Uh oh, watch out!

Anyway.

I seem to recall something recently about a Pentax patent detailing a
lens mount with two bayonets.

And now we have Pentax maybe putting full-frame 35mm digital lenses
back in their roadmap.

So I was thinking, would it be possible that the new Pentax 645 has a
mount that allows you to attach both 645 and 35mm FF lenses without an
adaptor?

And then I thought, the camera could automatically sense which kind of
lens was on the camera. If a 645 lens was attached the sensor was in
"645 mode" but if a 35mm lens was attached then it reduced itself to a
24x35mm frame and appropriate resolution.

Would that be possible? Surely it would be. The better question would
be, is it feasible?

--
~Nick David Wright
http://www.nickdavidwright.com/