Damn you guys and your MX's!!  All I keep hearing is how much you love
them!  <VBG>

But seriously, I've certainly considered buying one (if the price is
right).  Frankly, the only thing holding me back is that I have all
screwmount lenses, and the thought of having to build up a k-mount
collection is rather daunting.

So here's my question (which I suspect has been raised and answered
often):  how well to screw to k-mount adapters work?  What (if anything)
do you lose by going this route?  For instance, do you lose the ability
of open-aperture metering?  Not that that's a huge deal, since I'm used
to stop-down metering with my Spotties, but it seems to me that would be
one of the real advantages of going to an MX.

Any thoughts would be appreciated before I decide to make the plunge.  I
can't afford an LX, so this will likely be the highest "enablement" I'll
endulge in for a while!

thanks,
frank

Malcolm Smith wrote:

> Most of us do.
> Don't we? "-)
>
> Jostein
>
> Jostein,
>
> Of course "-)
>
> I have gone back to using my MX as my LX has let me down ;-(
>
> Malcolm
> -

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer