On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 09:02:03PM -0400, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/5/2009 10:38:42 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
> s...@komkon.org writes:
>
> Interesting report,  thanks.
>
> I've been attracted to their size, but since I already have a  laptop I
> figured I was probably better off traveling with it (re my  photos).
>
> So glad to know I am not really missing anything.

I've got a 12" G4 powerbook. I'm not going to do any processing on it,
but it was trivial to put a big hard drive in it. They can be picked
up for practically free these days, and aren't much bigger than net
books.

Here's a script I use on my desktop that would be trivial to modify
for working with mac:

#!/bin/bash

mkdir $1
date