The fact that you can't see the additional memory could be a Bios limitation, not an OS limitation.

On 1/20/2010 3:12 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
Took my laptop in this morning and had 4GB RAM installed (up from 2GB).

Turns out Windows Vista Ultimate is only 32bit and limits the amount of RAM it can use to supposedly 3.5GB - System Information is showing 3,069.44MB which I make to be 2.99GB.

Don't know why it doesn't show the whole 3.5GB.

OTOH, I found out the laptop has two physical hard drives where I thought it had one drive partitioned into two logical drives, so I may have more upgrade options than I originally thought.

One thing I started thinking about this morning is installing Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Has anyone had experience with 64 bit versions of Windows? Especially running PhotoshopCS3?

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}