> Bob W wrote:
> > I will be visiting Paris from 11-14th April. While I'm
> there I plan to
> > see the Izis exhibition at the Hotel de Ville. If anybody
> would care
> > to join me for a Paris PDML ca serait tres sympa.
> >
> > At the moment Eurostar fares between London and Paris are
> very cheap.
> > Hotels, en revanche, are very expensive because of the crappy pound.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> Years ago we stayed in a little hotel in the 4th
> arrondissement near the
>   Hotel de Ville. Fourth floor walk-up, WC at the end of the
> hall and a shower, curiously, in the middle of the room.

I've stayed in places like that when I was younger. There was a place I went
to a few times with a gf which was on the rue Quincampoix, just a few steps
from the Hotel de Ville. The street used to be full of brothels many years
before, and Kertesz and/or Brassai photographed les putes there.

<http://www.tate.org.uk/tateetc/issue9/images/emblemearthly_unefille.jpg>

Such hotels don't seem to exist any more. Either that or my tolerance for
them has diminished as my income has increased.

> Wish I could join you. Street shooting in Paris would be fun.

I wish you could too - it would be fun.