2010/1/27 Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com>:
> My understanding was that air cooling was limiting engine output - heat
> dissapation.

well air cools just like water - the more you move it the better it
cools - you need good airflow, good oil flow, i.e. massive oil pump,
large oil cooler surface, good case material with proper cooling fins
and so on - the 993 was good proof that it can be done =)

I think they all made the move because water cooling is cheaper for
the same thermal waste output

cheers
ecke

if my understanding is poor, please fill me in!