Thanks much, Paul. Since he was "riding" the center of the reed patch, I felt
the most comfortable placing it as is. Had the critter been right or left, I'd
have placed the reed patch in the same position and have been fine to have him
out of the middle, so long as he was looking toward the center. The form and
length of this reed patch had to be centered..for me to relish my vittles.
I do appreciate the suggestion! :-)

Jack