In this case it only has to work one time to recover the images from the card.

From: "P. J. Alling"
That's the solution I used with the *ist-Ds the K20d however has
tighter tolerances and won;t accept a card with tape on it. Also the
tape is eventually unable to hold out to the pressure from the sensor
and needs to be replaced. I wouldn't trust it in a critical
situation. I never know when that fix is going to fail.