Why not just use a strap over the shoulder?  I have a Manfratto and use it as a
walking stick a la Bob.
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:33:38
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Carrying a monopd

I went for a walk in the woods after work tonight.  Being around
sunset it was getting dark, especially under the trees and I wished
I'd had my monopod with me. I was trying to think of a convenient way
to carry it, when I wasn't using it and think that some sort of a
holster on a belt might work. Has anyone used something like this:
http://www.zbattery.com/Maglite-Plain-Leather-Belt-Holster-for-D-Size-Flashlights
to carry a monopod?