Thought I'd give my words and thoughts on the exhibit.

I was actually just finishing typing this up last night when Bill's
summary came through, and I sent it several times but nothing I
originated last night would get to the list.

It was wonderful to meet in person, those one has been acquainted with
for some to many years, +12 in some cases.

The printing job Mark did was astounding!  My gallery image had a
quality and feeling that did not come through on a digital display.
The same can be said for the other images.

The gallery was a work of art... far more inspiriting than the
Eggleston gallery at the Art Institute we visited. :-)

Christine and Sue Barton did an excellent job of organizing and
implementing the event. For those who weren't able to attend, you'll
be happy to know that we were all treated and respected as
photographers and artists, not as a bunch of wannabes.

As in any group some clicked and bonded more readily than others with
various members, but things were so fast paced that it was a matter of
not having the time to make the rounds in detail. The cooperation and
goodwill among the PDML members, curators, and visitors was
impressive.  It was noisy, high energy, and for being only three
hours, pretty exhausting.

This was an event the PDML can be singularly proud of, participant or not.

The event and sales also benefit children who are victims of cancer
and their families.  So if hesitant to purchase additional books or
possibly sponsor riders in an upcoming event, that may be announced,
please consider doing so to the extent possible, according to your
desire and means.

In particular I got to spend a fair amount of time with Christine, Bob
Sullivan, Stan Halpin, Doug Brewer, Ann Sanfedele, Mark Roberts and
(embarrassed... forget his wife's name), Boris, Larry Colen, Chris
Mitchell and wife, Tim Bray, Jay Taylor, Cory waters and his beautiful
wife. Cory's photograph took on magical properties in print. Sorry if
I left anyone out.

Bill Robb and I stayed up till 4AM one morning and 2AM the next
talking about everything and trying to comprehend the meaning of life
and Time-Space. I'm happy to report we just about have it figured out
and will give an update when we've completed our analysis and have
reached a definitive conclusion.

I never knew Bill slept in the RAW before. I'd have expected long
johns, with him being from Canada and that.  Of course it might have
felt like a heatwave to him down south in Chicago - or maybe it's
something related to digital. The GPS had a hard time getting a
consistent signal in the valley of skyscrapers which is downtown
Chicago.  Twice it went into a mode where it was recalculating at east
once per block without the vehicle changing direction.  So sometimes
it took us 20 minutes to get to a destination when it should have
taken under 5.

Chicago was a great photo venue and I'm sure many photos of members
and the areas we visited will soon start appearing.

To sum it up, You were great. You were fantastic. You were great. You
were all great!

Tom C