Heavily cropped from the "silhouette" side. They weren't completely black, but
lacked much detail. PS'd mainly to reduce shadows.
Actually, I've come to prefer this subdued light. So many sunny side male finch
shots are seriously blown out. I've resorted to a -1/2 comp to help control the
bloom on their feathers.
Yeah, I noted the edge artifacts, but a very conservative sharpening nudge was
applied.

Thanks for commenting, Christian!

Jack