The crowd shot is amazing, as is his timing for action shots. Get him a 645D.
-----Original Message-----
From: Cotty <cotty...@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:35:09
To: pentax list<PDML@pdml.net>
Subject: Defection and Bargain

Well, some you win, some you lose.

My son Stef (who some met at GFM last year) is getting more and more
into photography, and will be studying it at 'A' Level in the autumn
[effectively high school here] over 2 years. He's been using the *ist Ds
for lots of projects but before he starts his course he has decided that
he wants to go the Canon route - can't think why!!

When he did work experience last summer with a local paper they had
Nikon and Canon gear, and well, he's decided. So we've been looking out
for an original 1D on eekbay and they seem to be going for about 3 or
400 GBP here but we've hooked a bargain and nabbed one for 240, so he's
a happy bunny. It's the old old 4 MP version, the original but crucially
for him it will do 8fps, which is what he needs for sports photography.

Meanwhile, I filmed at an important local football match last week and
he tagged along with the *ist Ds, and although he wasn;t allowed pitch-
side until the end (had to stick with me, it was 'busy') he picked off
some impressive shots - 10 of which can be seen here:

<http://www.cottysnaps.com/stef/oxfordvrushden.html>

My wife thinks she is a reasonable photographer, and when she looked at
the pics she swore like I haven't heard in quite a few years!

Sadly I don't have any Canon lenses so the hunt will be on for a wide
and tele-zooms now. Until then, looks like I'll have to replace the
Pentax mounts with Canon ones on the K15 and A*85/1.4........

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__