On May 9, 2010, at 8:51 PM, William Robb" <war...@gmail.com>wrote:

Well, that was fun.
Even the plane rides were bearable.
Thanks to the generosity of Tom, I was given the very pleasurable
opportunity to visit Chicago this past weekend.
It happened that this weekend also coincided with the Chicago Celtic
Festival, so there was entertainment.
But especially, there was the gallery opening for the PDML Show.

So, I got to Chicago latish Thursday evening.
The escape from Canada flight was on was on a scale model of a very small
cattle car that had jet powered wings.
And, the buggers busted me for having too much toothpaste.
But, I had no seatmate, so it was all good.
The flight to Chicago was on a somewhat larger version of the same thing, but my seatmate was a relatively small woman who was quite decorative and friendly, and I had bought some 10 cent per ml Crest, so that was fine as
well.
When I debarked, Tom phoned and told me he was right outside.
The seatmate led me through the terminal and off she went, and a few moments
later I was in the passenger seat of Tom's Renta-A-Toyota.
After checking out our room on the 27th floor of the downtown Sheraton Posh
Hotel, we found a little bar and had a nice meal and drinks.
I believe we closed the place.
And then sat up until 4:00 catching up on stuff.
The very next morning after too few hours sleep, we went for a walk.
We found a very busy but efficient breakfast place called the West Egg Cafe
where we had a very nice breakfast.
And Tom, I think you have to admit it was the best breakfast we had, no
matter what you thought at the time.
And we found a very big lake.
And we found Navy Pier.
We found all sorts of cool stuff, and then we found Harry Carey's, and we
stopped for lunch.
I think we both had the Blackened Tenderloin.
It was quite wonderful, and washed down nicely with a nice ale.
And we walked some more, and then went back to the hotel.
It was a good day, and I would have been quite satisfied to call it a
success on many levels, but there was still more to come.
For this was the noght of the PDML SHow opening.
And off we went.
Finding a liquor vendor along the way was a good thing to do, so we laid in
a supply od whiskey and wine for laters, and to the gallery we went.
It was quite fun. I met a whole bunch of PDML members who also came to the
show, and I also got to meet Sue, the curator of the gallery.
The show is well worth seeing. I had seen all of the pictures on the web, but nothing prepared me for the splendour that was hung ont he walls of the
Scharpenberg Gallery.

Will,
It was a pleasure to meet and hang out with you, Tom and Ann after the opening. The pizza was well worth the wait and the company wasn't too shabby either :) I'm glad you were able to make the trip down from the great northern plains. Hope you had an enjoyable trip and look forward to seeing you again.

JayT