My conclusion was the opposite ;-)

Basically this is the photo-existensial version of the
if-a-tree-falls-in-the-forest-and-no-one-is-there-to-hear-it-does-it-make-a-sound
question.

The reason why I answered 'yes' is because I realised that there are
shots that I make just for me -heck I have complete sets that I don't
believe in general no one else but me will like.

This doesn't mean I lack the skills to discern -with certain accuracy-
what shots might appeal to some crowds: all the shots I sent for the
PDML annual are the ones that I believe can stand on their own while
still being truthfull to the type of photograph I like the most.

This also goes with experimenting and working outside of my comfort
zone, even if this means failing -for the general public- 6,000 times
before I get a "great" shot.

--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferand/