Hello Rob,

You bring up a good point.  I was reading a thread on HDR recently
and that was one of the issues brought up - basically
that the compression of the dynamic range of an HDR image causes it to
look unnatural, and for some people that causes them to reject or
dislike it.  Once could argue that exposure that causes you to
misinterpret the setting could have the same effect.

--
Bruce