From: John Sessoms
From: Jeffery Smith
> I got flamed on the Leica Users Group forum for mentioning this, but
> my M8's were anything but reliable.

If I bought a camera that only worked for a week, I'd start with whoever I bought it from, and put the onus on them to make it right. Same for one that wouldn't work at all from the get-go.

The dealer should have more leverage with the manufacturer, and if they don't it's still not MY problem. They sold it, they're responsible for making good.

PS: And a camera that cost $6000 or more that I paid for with VISA ...

*FIRST* thing I'd do is dispute the charge with whoever issued the card. The dealer, manufacturer or whoever is going to get a lot more reasonable about fixing the problem when they find out they ain't gonna' get their money until they do.

SECOND thing is get whoever in your state Attorney General's office handles consumer protection involved.

No way I'd let a $6000 camera just sit in a drawer unused. If it's unusable, it's going back and I'm getting a full refund.