On 2010-05-19 08:38 , John Sessoms wrote:
The real problem with vegan is I'm going to have to shop more often to
keep fresh veggies in stock. No adequate way to keep them otherwise. [...]
That means at least twice a week out to the farmers market.

i'd love to live around the corner from a good grocer so as to get everything fresh the day i use it, but that's not realistic for most of us, so i think it's worth noting that with care, you can keep many vegetables a week or two; we have to do that a lot with our garden output and our CSA shares; we basically bag them loosely and put them in the crisper, then inspect and remove wilted and faded parts before they rot; the exception is tomatoes -- home grown tomatoes must be eaten within a few days if ripe because the flavor suffers when you refrigerate them; cooking tomatoes like romas can last over week in the fridge, though