Yeah, but Congress would still base national policy on it.
-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Womer <rwomer1...@yahoo.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:47:20
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: K20D

I'm not a statistician, but I spend lots of professional time with statistics,
and there are two things to note about these data:

1. The numbers of subjects (cameras) are very small, especially for the K20D;

2. This is nothing approaching a random sample of cameras, and one can only
guess what the biases are;

3. Past 49,000 clicks on the K10D, the numbers are so small that the curves are
very "unstable"--which is to say that one failure (or survival) has a
disproportionate effect.  The K20D numbers are so pathetic as to be completely
meaningless.

In short, crap.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW