John, maybe it tells the flash digitally through the communication line that it has to use the trailling edge of the triggerpuls of the camera for triggering the flash (that would be the same principle as on the Z-1)

If it works like that, your adapter board will be very simple :-)

Greetz, Jos

John Sessoms wrote:
It would be useful to have the camera trigger the hot-shoe/PC on the rear curtain so I could use trailing curtain sync with pocket wizard type radio slaves.

Obviously, if the AF-540FGZ can do trailing curtain sync when mounted on the shoe, some information is being communicated through one of the contacts that tells the flash when the trailing curtain begins to close. How is the information formatted and what connector does it come through? If I knew that, I might be able to bread-board my own adapter.