My bicycle, which was my only mode of transportation, was stolen this morning. It was locked up in front of my condo and they cut the locks like they were made of celery. This completely ruined my 4th of July, but more importantly it's a whole lot of money that suddenly needs to be spent to get back to where I was. Money I don't have. My bike was practically brand new (maybe two months old?) and I'd put a bunch of accessories on it, and now I have nothing.

I've done a few things so far to try to get it back.
1. Filed a police report.
2. Called everyone I know in the area and asked them to keep an eye out for it. They all know what my bike looks like.
3. Called my HOA to check the security cameras.
4. Posted a Lost/Found ad on Craigslist (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/laf/1825621864.html) and I will be checking there every day to see if someone tries to sell it.
5. Drank four beers and ate a bunch of ice cream while trying to stay calm.

Is there anything else I can do? Do credit card companies help with these sorts of things? I don't have a serial number or photos of my actual bike, which I realize was stupid but I'd been locking bikes the exact same way for seven years here and just never thought this would happen. You don't have to tell me this was stupid, I know it was.

Fortunately my upstairs neighbors had a spare mountain bike I'm borrowing to get to work for a while, but since they don't have a lock and all the bike stores are closed, I can't go anywhere tonight. No fireworks for me. :(

John

--
http://www.jacelio.com
http://www.cafepress.com/jacelio