On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:12 -0500, "Christine  Aguila"
<cagu...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi Everyone:
>
> Well, yesterday marked the 1 year anniversary of the start of the
> construction on the parking garage and student services building at work.
> The construction workers are on strike right now, but they'll get that
> sorted soon, and work will resume.
>
> The photos are what they are, but I had so much fun shooting yesterday.
> It
> was dead quiet on the site.  I had giggly conversation with Desmond, my
> escort, while shooting, and it was the day of the tripod.  Every picture
> was
> make on a tripod--except the stairway photo.  The walk around the sight
> was
> leisurely, as was the speed of my shutter, shooting a lot of 1/3 - 1/6th
> of
> a second at ISO 400 with f-stops mostly in the f 4 - f 7.1 range, and I
> bracketed virtually every shot, though I still had some tweaking to do in
> the shadow areas--a bump up here and there, and some recovery of blown
> highlights.  Because I used a tripod, my frames were A LOT more level
> than
> my usual frames resembling a stroke victim with pronounced sagging to the
> right.  I only shot the interior, so I was out of the sun, and a cool
> breeze
> followed us around like a good friend.  My construction boots were still
> must, but I was allowed to abandon my hard hat and safety vest, so I
> could
> enjoy the breeze even more.
>
> It was just one of those shoots when it felt good to be both alive and a
> photographer.
>
> http://www.caguila.com/caguila/trconstructionjuly132010/
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> Cheers, Christine

An excellent set of images - complements your previous work on this
project really well.

Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with my tripod.  I usually
hate working with it (I start to feel a bit conspicuous...) but I
invariably find my tripod shots are much better composed than hand held
shots.

Cheers

Brian
Brian Walters