On 7/12/2010 6:40 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
I'd appreciate any advice folks here might have on what I gather is
called "work flow." My limited experience managing film images on a
computer has not generated a comfortable way of working. I have a
MacBook, and I can definitely say I'm not real comfortable with
iPhoto. At this point I find it very confusing. I'd like to have a
way of sorting through images, naming them where appropriate, and
categorizing and filing them before I turn them over to iPhoto or its
ilk.

Eric, although I use Windows, it would still apply to you. Let me just add one more voice to those who recommended you use LightRoom. It is extremely well done piece of software. Not without quirks, but it is really convenient.

I bought mine when it first came out, upgraded from 1.x to 2.x and recently to 3.0. Happy ever since.

I don't do much of pixel level editing, except, may be, removing of sensor dust with heal brush. So LR fits my purpose just like I glove.

You can download it and give it a fair try for free for a month or so as far as I understand. And it has both Win and Mac versions so that you can probably try it on your MacBook.

HTH.

Boris