On 23 August 2010 03:32, J.C. O'Connell <hifis...@gate.net> wrote:
> I recently bought a vivitar p&s digicam from radioshack.
> I was a 12 MP marked down from $129 to $29 so I figured
> what the heck. It was a horrible camera. When you took
> a pic, you didn't get the review image to show up without
> digging thru menus. Outdoors it was nearly impossible
> to compose with only a LCD as there was no viewfinder
> on it. The image quality was mediocre compared to the
> Pentax istDS. I took it back next day, camera wasn't
> worth $29. Learned a lesson, never buy amy camera without
> a viewfinder (REAR LCD ONLY is not good).

I would argue that a decent P&S like a Canon S90 (or the coming S95)
has a pretty usable rear screen, and I certainly seem to be able to
produce images from it that are at least the equivalent of those
produced by my old 6MP Pentax DSLR (at least at low ISO).

--
Rob Studdert (DigitalĀ  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours