From: CheekyGeek <cheekyg...@gmail.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:46:42
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: K7 or Kx

Gee, I'll have to go back and read that Leica thread now. However, it
is my considered opinion before reading it that a good number of list
members need to up their intake of fibre.
: )

My thoughts on YOUR question...
I went from a K200D to a K-x. Honestly, if I had to choose between a
K7 and a K-x, I'd take a K-x.
It is a fantastic camera and a bargain at the price it is selling for
now, IQ-wise.

If the K-r does indeed have the same sensor and the same IQ
capabilities, with the addition of an external jack (etc.)
A number of people will probably be upgrading and used K-x will be
plentiful. But it will be a while before that happens.
I'm doubtful that there will be rebates on the K-x, as it is selling
well where it is now, but the K-7 could see some discounts.

Frankly, I don't think you could ever regret getting a K-x. IF the K-r
is indeed an upgrade then cross that bridge when you come to it. The
K7 I would consider only if having the two dials is the most important
feature to you.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska