One of the seven warning signs of having too much equipment ;-).

This should be easy to test using a nearby brick wall.  I'd be curious to hear
the results.
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:47:02
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: I just found a Tamron -F AF 1.4x teleconverter in my stuff

I probably got it when I bought someones bag of gear, saw that it was a TC and
just tossed it in the drawer without looking at it.

I just tried it out and it seems to work fine on autofocus.  Does anyone have
any experience with one of these? Would it degrade an image less than cropping
it by a factor of 1.4?

Another cool realization I had was that my Sigma 20/1.8 will work just fine on
a K1000 body that I've got lying around, and it'll give me a view that is
wider, and faster, than my 16-50 on the digital body.  Albeit, that ASA 400
film doesn't seem to be nearly as good as ASA 400 on the sensor.

In any case, it should be fun to play with.