Sounds similar to the functionality of the LowePro Flipside series.
I really like my Flipside 300 (Goldilocks' size: Just Right). I like
the idea of the zipper entrance being against ones back (no worry of
pickpockets gaining entry) yet it can slip off and still be held on by
waist, rotated to the front where you can gain access without taking
it off. This video shows it better (at about the 29 second mark).

I found a guy selling new Flipside 300s on eBay for $59 and have been
extremely pleased at how much fits inside it. No idea if he's still
around or if similar deals may be found. It is worth much more than
that to me, really.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska