On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 05:49:13PM -0500, Bob Sullivan scripsit:
> FA 31mm f1.8 is mighty close to 35mm, a fast lens, and nice quality.

It is, and I have one, and the DA Ltd. coatings are better.

> Expensive but very nice.  I'm not interested in a DA 35mm replacement.

I'm not sure I would be, either.  I'd be a lot more interested in a
400/2.8.  But eventually Pentax is going to run out of FA Ltds, and
presumably wants to have enough market share to justify replacing them
with something of comparably state-of-the-art-at-time-of-design quality.

-- Graydon