Thanks for the info, Adam. It seems to be really well-built compared to some others I've used and handled. Plenty of resistance in the lens barrel, and a very smooth, crisp responsiveness. I'm pretty pleased with it, construction-wise. And, giving up a stop, and the last 50mm doesn't seem like too much to sacrifice.

The look is reminiscent of some Sigmas I've seen, so I suspect you're right.

Thanks again,

Walt