Boris,

Your opinions are appreciated, well maybe. :-)  Compositions are
intended, and to my memory colors are fairly accurate. Many shots
taken several hours before noon. I deliberately isolated the
architectural elements, in most cases providing little context.
because to me it often looked very classical Greco-Roman in style, and
that is what I intended to show.

I was not apprehensive, why would I be?  I think you reading far too
much between the pixels.

As far as my camera and I learning about one another, I don't
understand how you arrive at that judgement. I shoot with the NEX5
just like any other camera, and if I found there was a large learning
curve where I had to adjust for the performance of the camera in some
way other than I already do, I'd chuck it

Tom