On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM, eckinator <eckina...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/24 Godfrey DiGiorgi <gdigio...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> um, lithium disposables contain lots of very recyclable raw materials.
>> they should never been 'thrown out', they should be recycled.
>
> no doubt about that and I'm sure the members of this list love what
> they shoot enough not to litter all over it... I'd like to think
> though that a rechargeable battery has a better primary energy and CO2
> balance because of the fact that it doesn't have to be recycled
> between uses making it the better option by far
> Thanks

That's just a matter of how long between original manufacture and
return for remanufacture one deems as acceptable. They should always
be recycled too.

The key difference between Lithium disposables and NiMH batteries is
that the Lithium disposables can have up to a ten year, no degradation
life for things which are used only occasionally, where NiMH battery
technology does not have anywhere near that life span either in use or
in storage without additional energy put into them for maintenance.

A tradeoff.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com