Nice pictures, Richard, and take me back to my youth on the south coast of
England, when all three were still in RAF service, and often to be seen live
and for real around where I lived!

I can't be there myself, but if the Biggin Hill Air Show is still on and in
your time-frame, you will have a good chance of seeing the RAF commemorative
flight in action.  A Spitfire, a Hurricane and a Lancaster, which fly in
formation and are still awesomely beautiful aircraft.  Last time I was there,
they also had a Gloster Gladiator, which flies so slowly it seems you could
catch it on a bicycle, but was good enough to beat off the Italians over Malta
for weeks.

Otherwise, Farnborough in September(?), when you still might see this
formation, and perhaps also live demonstrations by current aircraft, which tend
to be noisy but fun.

I'll never forget the roar of a Handley-Page Victor (first crescent wing
bomber) taking off under full burn at Farnborough - rattled the windows (and
teeth) for miles around!

Have fun..

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia